MUNICIPAL PROGRAMME TO STRENGTHEN THE CULTURAL SECTOR OF LA PAZ: “TIME TO LOVE AND HELP EACH OTHER” - MUNASIÑA PACHA
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are facing a very complicated situation worldwide. In order to face the situation, we are required to change many of our habits: in our living together, in our families, in our immediate environment, as well as in society as a whole, and necessarily in nature and the planet.
But it can also become an opportunity to achieve the reconstruction of a social fabric and an OURSELVES, based on diversity, tolerance and interculturality, which are more necessary than ever to value our cultural expressions and to produce creative processes, as well as to emerge and amplify our capacity for solidarity and love, as well as our capacities to look and to know the other.
As a municipality we are aware that:
- Our cultures are essential and fundamental pillars for the sustainable development of our society and for the integral development of each one of its members, as well as for their contributions in the social and economic fields, but also for their indisputable role in integration, reflection and social transformation.
- It is possible to generate, from the cultural sphere, proposals and actions that contribute to overcoming the health crisis we are facing, to generate possibilities so that in this time of absolute social quarantine, families can share quality time based on interesting cultural offers, as well as the effects that, as a society, they will have to face at the end of this contingency.
- The health emergency has resulted in the total cancellation of all planned programming, cultural events and artistic presentations, as well as the development of training processes and other activities with which cultural actors generate their economy independently.
For these reasons, the Autonomous Municipal Government of La Paz (GAMLP), through the Municipal Secretariat of Cultures (SMC), will develop the Municipal Program for Strengthening the Cultural Sector of La Paz called Time to love and help each other - Munasiña Pacha.
This programme aims to promote actions that in a short, medium and long term, help mitigate the economic emergency that now afflicts our artistic and cultural sector. In accordance with our condition of being a municipality that values this fundamental social contribution, it must now protect and be in solidarity with its cultural actors, giving special priority to those that are currently in a more critical situation.
To this end, the Government of La Paz will promote the following actions:
- Dissemination and promotion of artistic initiatives in digital media
- Promotion of national cultural consumption by the population
- Establishment of a Funding Scheme for Cultural Actors
- Development of the Municipal Cultural Agenda Online "Time to Love and Help Each Other", in recognition of the labor rights of workers in culture and the arts
IN THE MID-TERM:
- Development of two phases of the Grants Call for the Cultures and the Arts - FOCUART
- Rescheduling dates and release of payment for the use of municipal venues.
IN THE LONG RUN:
- Organization and development of Forums for the Sustainability of Art Workers
- Generation of Alternative Spaces for the offer and consumption of cultural services and goods
- To generate different actions of Reactivation of the Cultural Sector
Source: Secretaría Municipal de Culturas (SMC), Autonomous Municipal Government of La Paz (GAMLP)