Cultural initiatives of the City of Montréal in the context of Covid-19
The City of Montréal has developed initiatives allowing citizens to access cultural content virtually.
- Simplified access to online resources (remote subscription now possible).
- Increase in the number of borrowings on the e-book platform from 5 to 10.
- Monitoring of digital borrowings to increase the number of available copies of the most popular titles.
- Enhancement of online collections, especially those aimed at young people.
- Implementation of measures to avoid penalizing users: postponement of return dates, renewal of expired subscriptions, discontinuation of late notices.
- Frequently Asked Questions on the website bibliomontreal.ca
Municipal Museum: MEM Montreal’s Centre of Memories
- Enhancement of content already developed by the Montreal’s Centre of Memories - the site offers more than 500 articles on the great and small history of Montreal. The many topics are complemented by interviews, videos, photos from archives and artifacts: https://ville.montreal.qc.ca/memoiresdesmontrealais/
- Virtual exhibitions:
- Missing Neighbourhoods - free virtual visit in the form of bubble photos. http://ville.montreal.qc.ca/pls/portal/docs/page/centre_hist_mtl_fr/quartiers_diparus/index.html
- You are part of history - nearly 2,500 written, audio and video testimonials on immigration http://ville.montreal.qc.ca/vousfaitespartiedelhistoire/eleve/daniel-olufowobi
- Raconte-moi...Haïti et Montréal - photographs, paintings, installations, testimonials and a documentary that presents the journey of adaptation and integration of Haitians newly arrived in Montreal http://ville.montreal.qc.ca/pls/portal/docs/page/centre_hist_mtl_fr/rep_haiti/index.html
- Special Facebook programming - Daily appointments https://www.facebook.com/chmmtl
The Accès Culture network
- Several Culture Houses “maisons de la culture” (Marie-Uguay, Ahuntsic-Cartierville, Plateau-Mont-Royal, etc.) offer citizens, via their social networks, cultural programming accessible online.
- Dissemination via social media of municipal cultural proposals and content from network partners.
Art public Montréal (website artpublicmontreal.ca)
- Daily publication on Facebook highlighting a work of art or a mural.
Conseil des arts de Montréal
- Support and exceptional acceleration of grants’ payments
- Suggestions for various cultural activities every week on the City's website: montreal.ca